Disclaimer: rateaircompressors.com is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Air compressors are devices that are used to convert power from sources such as electricity into potential energy and are stored as pressurized air. It forces more and more air into the tank. This, in turn, increases the pressure in the tank. Once it reaches its upper limit, the air compressor will then shut off. When the air in the tank is used to produce kinetic energy, the air compressor will once again turn on once the lower limit of the tank is reached. The best industrial air compressors can be used in a variety of situations such as in corner gas stations or even in major plants used in manufacturing various items. Most industrial air compressor reviews will feature air compressors that are quiet since such models can also be used in home situations where noise pollution is not wanted. This feature makes them ideal for home workshops, garages, and home basements.
- Industrial Air ILA1883054
- Max pressure: 155 PSI
- 30-Gallon ASME vertical portable tank
- CFM at 90 PSI: 5.7; CFM at 40 PSI: 7.0
- Dimensions: 24.8 x 24.8 x 49.8
- Other: twin cylinder oil lubricated pump, Dual voltage motor (120/240V), pneumatic tires, quick-set regulator, working pressure gauges
- Industrial Air ILA3606056
- Max pressure: 155 PSI
- 60 gallon ASME tank
- cfm at 40 psi: 13.4; cfm at 90 psi: 11.5
- Dimensions: 31 x 27 x 68
- Other: 3.7 rhp motor, 208 or 240 volts, pressure gauge, twin cylinder oil lubricated pump
- Industrial Air Contractor CTA5090412
- Max pressure: 155 PSI
- two 2-gallon tanks
- CFM at 90 PSI of 5.0, CFM at 40 PSI of 6.9
- Dimensions: 24.5 x 21.5 x 20
- Other: 5-horsepower Honda OHC/OHV premium gas engine, oil free, direct drive pump, Pontoon-style tank, two part cooling system
- California Air Tools 6010LFC
- Max pressure: 125 PSI
- 6-gallon tank
- 4.00 CFM at 40 PSI & 3.00 CFM at 90 PSI
- Dimensions: 26 x 11.5 x 21
- Other: Oil-Free Pump, MP100LF 1HP motor/pump, 110V 60 Hz - 7.6 Amps
- Industrial Air Contractor CSB1680521
- Max pressure: 150 PSI
- 4.5-gallon tank
- 6.1 CFM at 40 PSI; 5.1 CFM at 90 PSI
- Dimensions: 21.7 x 21.6 x 18.1
- Other: 1.6 HP oil-free direct drive induction motor, Low-voltage start-up, dual air outlets
- DeWalt DXCMV5048055
- Max pressure: 175 PSI
- 80-gallon tank
- 14.1 CFM at 100 PSI; 13.5 CFM at 175 PSI
- Dimensions: 35 x 32 x 79
- Other: Thermal Overload Protection System, 5 HP 2 stage air compressor, Integrated system panel
Top 6 Industrial Air Compressors
Industrial Air Contractor CTA5090412
The Industrial Air Contractor CTA5090412 is one of the best commercial air compressors due to its low maintenance design and its oil free direct drive pump.
The life of the pump is upheld and extended by the patented cooling system installed in it. The patented pump is a 155 psi Industrial Air pump and can deliver 5.0 CFM at 90 PSI enabling it to run multiple nail guns simultaneously.
The cooling system helps to lower the temperature while it is in operation and also to increase the machine’s cooling efficiencies. It is designed to run the cooler when placed in a room with high temperature and is made with thermally stable aluminum. It has a 4 gallon twin tank design accommodating enough oil for use without regular refills.
The gas engine is a premium Honda OHC/OHV with 5 horse power which is quite powerful. The engine also provides reliable parts, reliable performance as well as reliable service. The overhead cam allows for lower fuel consumption, smoother engine performance, easy starting and lower emissions while in operation.
The engine also has an air throttle cylinder, check valves and a separate pilot. When purchased it comes together with tool and tank gauges, a regulator, cushioned handle grips and a quick connect. By churning out high rpm, the engine facilitates peak output by the patented industrial air low maintenance pump. It measures 24.5 x 21.5 x 20 inches and weighs 83 pounds making it a bit heavy to move around but does not affect its operations.
Industrial Air ILA1883054 Industrial Air Compressor
The pump on this 30 gallon air compressor model is made of cast iron, has a twin cylinder and is oil lubricated. The dual voltage motor has been wired as a standard 120-Volt outlet. It can, however, be converted to a 240-Volt application.
It is featured as one of the heavy duty air compressors due to its ability to reach 155 PSI maximum pressure enabling it to provide optimal tool performance. The tank is a 30-Gallon ASME that is vertically placed and also portable.
The tank also has pre-attached pneumatic tires, tank and working pressure gauges, quick set regulator, and an on and off switch. It can attain a maximum pressure of 155 PSI and CFM at 90 PSI: 5.7; CFM at 40 PSI: 7.0; RHP: 1.9; UL. It is also CSA certified.
The one piece cast iron crankcase as well as the thermally stable cast iron cylinder body helps give the tank more durability. Durability is also enhanced by the stainless steel valves that do not rust.
The finish is black and the material used for the finishing is metal plus plastic in some areas. The weight of the product is 190 lbs. that make it easy to move around. It also has wheels at the front that can help you navigate it and renders it highly portable. It measures 24.8 x 24.8 x 49.8 inches, is an electrically powered device and has a belt driven compressor. It also does not make a lot of noise when powered on and is thus ideal for townhouses.
Industrial Air ILA3606056 Industrial Air Compressor
The Industrial Air ILA3606056 has a pump made of cast iron and is oil lubricated. The pump has a twin cylinder increasing its capacity. Its features are designed to fit those of a professional mechanic but it has been sized to fit the needs of a home garage.
The cast iron pump has a maximum pressure of 155 PSI which when coupled with a 3.7 RHP motor can pump up to 11.5 CFM at 90 psi that will keep all your tools that are air hogs running efficiently.
The thermally stable cast iron and the oil lubricated pump are designed to last for many years and also to run quietly reducing noise disturbance. The system also includes an aluminum head, automotive style bearings, valve plates and stainless steel valves.
Other than that this model features a 12 inch balance cast iron flywheel and an oil level sight glass that easily shows you where the oil level is and when you need to refill it.
It is a powerful model since it is powered by an induction electric motor that has 240 volts, 3.7 RHP. The ASME* air receiver has a capacity of 60 gallons that provides more air for operation and thus longer run time. The unit can operate on 208 or 240 volt without any wiring changes due to the spread voltage motor. The unit is purchased together with synthetic oil that helps increase its life. Aside from that, it has a pressure gauge and an on and off switch for easy use.
California Air Tools 6010LFC Industrial Air Compressor
This model is an ultra quiet air compressor while running and produces only 60 decibels. The oil-free pump helps to produce cleaner air which in turn leads to better tool operation in the garage or wherever the unit is used. It also provides for less maintenance needed and few costs accompanying it. Other than that it can be used in cool temperatures.
The cast iron flywheel rates it among the top industrial portable air compressors. It also has a powerful 1.0 HP motor (MP100LF) that operates at only 1400 RPM. This is a good feature as it helps reduce the noise produced while running and also reduces the wear and tear eventually increasing its durability.
The motor pump is tested and has been seen to operate for a minimum of 4000 hours before any wear and tear. This is about 30% longer than most other models.
Durability is also increased by the oil-free dual piston pump system which also gives it its high performance. As compared to other 1.0 HP air compressor motors, this model has been seen to produce about 25% more air.
It is also lightweight weighing just 54lbs. which makes it easily portable and also makes transport easier. It measures 26 x 11.5 x 21 inches which does not occupy too much space. It also has 110V 60 Hz – 7.6 Amps and a 6.0 Gallon Steel Tank that weighs 54 lbs. The quietness of the pump makes it ideal for use indoors and also in residential areas.
Industrial Air Contractor CSB1680521
This model has long life durability and also offers easy maintenance. It also has a 1.6 HP oil-free pump which also factors in to increase its durability. The direct drive induction motor also operates oil free. Other than that the unit has pulleys or any belts that need changing or maintenance and the oil free pump ensures that there is no need to keep checking the oil or refill it.
On start up, the unit only requires a low voltage and this feature allows it to be operated on extension cords at your own convenience. The unit is also compatible with the patented H4X remote air pub as it is equipped with an unregulated port.
Its maximum air pressure that can be achieved is 150 PSI which is the maximum pressure for most models as seen in various industrial air compressors reviews.
The unit has twin tanks and has a capacity of 4.5 gallons. It has an easy cold weather start and can be used in different situations and also on all seasons hot or cold. The dual air outlets enable it to be used on multiple tools at the same time. The roll cage is also accompanied with a fully enclosed control panel that helps protect the motor and the pump. The remote air hub system control panel gives you the ability to operate the quick set regulator. The centralized handle has been designed with a cushion grip that gives it easy mobility. It measures 21.7 x 21.6 x 18.1 inches and weighs about 85 pounds.
De Walt DXCMV5048055 Industrial Air Compressor
This is one powerful 80 gallon air compressor as it has an industrial performance and delivers a maximum of 175PSI. It also features a TOPS Motor technology which stands for Thermal Overload Protection System. This system helps to protect the motor from voltage fluctuation which may occur at the power outlet.
The pump is designed with the patented pump design that enables it to run coolly. Improved cooling and low RPM is facilitated by the patented cast iron design for the flywheel and large fins that are extended.
It does not require a magnetic starter as it has an easy start design. The oil level glasswork is large and provides easy view. This eliminates any need for guesswork enabling you to know where the oil level is and when it needs a refill.
The industrial grade bearings that are also oversized increase the pump life and the overall durability of the unit. Long life is also facilitated by the automotive style connecting rods that also come with precision inserts. Lower oil temperatures are facilitated by the oil reservoir which has an extra capacity.
The cast iron construction not only offers durability but also smooth operation and dependability. The patented piston and pump design helps to maintain compression efficiency that is also consistent even with different running conditions for the unit. The cooling fins are asymmetrical and deep grove directional improving efficiency of the pump. It measures 35 x 32 x 79 inches and is also an electric powered unit.
Industrial Air Compressors Comparison Table
|Product name||Tank||Max PSI||Max air flow||Dimensions|
|Industrial Air ILA1883054||30-Gallon ASME vertical portable||155||CFM at 90 PSI: 5.7; CFM at 40 PSI: 7.0||24.8 x 24.8 x 49.8|
|Industrial Air ILA3606056||60 gallon ASME||155||cfm at 40 psi: 13.4; cfm at 90 psi: 11.5||31 x 27 x 68|
|Industrial Air Contractor CTA5090412||two 2-gallon||155||CFM at 90 PSI of 5.0, CFM at 40 PSI of 6.9||24.5 x 21.5 x 20|
|California Air Tools 6010LFC||6-gallon||125||4.00 CFM at 40 PSI & 3.00 CFM at 90 PSI||26 x 11.5 x 21|
|Industrial Air Contractor CSB1680521||4.5-gallon||150||6.1 CFM at 40 PSI; 5.1 CFM at 90 PSI||21.7 x 21.6 x 18.1|
|DeWalt DXCMV5048055||80-gallon||175||14.1 CFM at 100 PSI; 13.5 CFM at 175 PSI||35 x 32 x 79|
How to Choose the Perfect Industrial Air Compressor
When choosing any appliance or unit device, the main factor to consider your specific needs. This way you get to look for features that suit your needs and will be able to meet them efficiently. The air compressors often come in 3 grades which are; consumer grade, industrial or contractor grade and commercial grade which are often the large industrial air compressors. The different grades are designed to suit different needs of the users according to the capacity of air pressure they need to generate. Factors to consider can also include;
- Two stage or single stage reciprocating pumps – The single stage pump functions by compressing the air and storing it in the tank through a single piston stoke. The two stage pump, on the other hand, compresses the air through two stages. The two stages pump often offer higher pressures since the air is cooled before going into the second compression stage. In the first stage, the air is compressed into an intermediate pressure then cooled when being transferred to the second pump.
- CFM and SCFM – The CFM numbers are often given at various pressures. The numbers indicated on the unit are helpful in determining whether the CFM produced is ideal for the application you intend to use it on. You can compare using the SCFM since the various variables are calculated based on standards conditions that have already been preset. The CFM usage given should be enough to cater for all the tools you intend to use at the same time.
- Horse power – The horse power enables you to compare the maximum output that a unit can produce. Depending on your usage it can be peak horsepower or normal horsepower. This comparison factor is, however, being eliminated by various manufacturers.
- Portability – the portability needs of the machine you intend to buy will also influence the weight and the size of the unit you buy. When getting the best quality industrial air compressor for yourself, it is crucial to determine whether you need it to be stationery or mobile according to the tools it will be working on.
- Drive system – The drive system can either be an electric motor or a gasoline engine. This depends on whether the area you are in will always have electricity. The electric motors are often less expensive to buy and also run. They are also more convenient and easy to maintain. However in areas with limited electric coverage, a gasoline engine would be best since gasoline can be bought for refills whenever needed.
- Receiver tank size – The tank size should help in choosing the appropriate unit to buy. A small air tank can be used if the usage requires short quick bursts that are concentrated. However, when the unit needs to sustain usage for long periods, a larger tank would be appropriate.
Different manufacturers offer different brands in the market thus it is always advised to seek out a brand that has good customer reviews and relation as it will help in case you get problems with it.
Air compressors are not a new technology in the market. They can be used with more than one tool as many have multiple outlets. It is always important to consider the number of tools you will be using them on before getting one as this will determine the capacity and the size you choose. The best industrial air compressors are often determined by the specific usage you have for them. The new and ever developing technology has helped in reducing the noise emitted by the pumps as they are running. Such models can be found in various industrial air compressor reviews such as this. By reducing the noise, the machines have been rendered usable even in residential situations such as in the basement of your house or in a home garage without disturbing other residents. When operating one, it is important to know the basics so as to ensure that you fully utilize the machine.