Disclaimer: rateaircompressors.com is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
You have probably ever experienced this. You wake up and prepare your family for a road trip. Everything is set and your car looks okay. The day looks sunny and the roads have got almost no traffic. But somehow in the middle of the safe haven you get a flat tire. All of a sudden, the great trip gets spoilt. What do you do next? Well, for starters you start to wish you had the best tire air compressor to come to your rescue. However, you never have to go through such an experience. Read the tire air compressor reviews below and learn some of the ideal compressors you can consider buying.
But before then, understand that a flat tire could happen to anyone. You will probably experience more than five flat tires in your lifetime, but the good thing is that you can overcome the troubles that come with it after reading the article below.
- Goodyear i8000
- Max pressure PSI: 150
- Cord reach: 24'
- Volts: 120
- Dimensions: 10.4" x 7.9" x 7.4"
- Other features: direct drive motor, includes adapters, Whisper Soft technology, plugs into any standard 120V wall outlet, built-in analogue gauge
- JACO SmartPro
- Max pressure PSI: 100
- Cord reach: 10'
- Volts: 12
- Dimensions: 7.5" x 2.5" x 6"
- Other features: Smart Pressure Technology, built-in digital air gauge with backlit display, 24" air hose, includes 2 adapters, plugs directly into any 12-volt DC accessory outlet
- Slime 40022
- Max pressure PSI: 35
- Cord reach: 12'
- Volts: 12
- Dimensions: 2.8" x 6.5" x 6.5"
- Other features: Inflate Right technology, Digital Display, rubberized feet for stability, plugs directly into car cigarette lighter
- P.I. Auto Store
- Max pressure PSI: 150
- Cord reach: 12'
- Volts: 12
- Dimensions: 7" x 3" x 6.5"
- Other features: Microprocessor monitors air pressure, bright LCD display gauge, adapters included, plugs directly into any 12-volt DC accessory outlet
- EPAuto AT-010-1Z
- Max pressure PSI: 100
- Cord reach: 9'
- Volts: 12
- Dimensions: 9.7" x 8" x 5.6"
- Other features: 4 Display Units (PSI, KPA, BAR, KG/CM), auto shut off prevents over inflation, overheat protection, includes adaptors, plugs directly into Cigarette Lighter Socket
- JACO RoadPro
- Max pressure PSI: 100
- Cord reach: 10'
- Volts: 12
- Dimensions: 8" x 4" x 7"
- Other features: anti-vibration rubber feet, built-in pressure gauge, 25" reinforced rubber air hose, plugs into any 12V DC accessory outlet
Top 6 Tire Air Compressors
Slime 40022 12-Volts Digital Tire Inflator
The Slime 12 Volt digital air compressor is one of the most popular air compressors in the market today. It sells by the hundreds month after month, making it one of the top tire inflators worth buying. But then, why is it so popular despite the tough competition out there? See its main features below.
- Easy to use – The 12v digital tire inflator works by simply plugging it into your car’s cigarette lighter, although it does require a 15 Amp fuse. Once done, you could inflate any standard mid-size care tire in six minutes or less.
- Stable Design – The small and compact machine comes rubberized on its feet to offer the best stability on rough terrains or on the tarmac. It is also light in weight, and you could lift it up easily whenever you need to. Overall it measures 2.8*6.5*6.5 inches and can thus fit perfectly in your car’s trunk.
- Preset Pressure – The Slime machine allows you to set the required pressure standards so that it automatically shuts off once it has inflated your car’s tire. Note, however, that is only able to handle a maximum pressure of 35 Psi. All the same, this is a great feature from an emergency inflator. It allows you to inflate our tires even at night and not worry that you could over inflate your car’s tire.
- Bright LED Light – As you can never know when the flat tire will hit you, Slime protects you in that it features a bright LED light that could remain bright until you are done with your job.
- Convenient foot reach – The machine reaches a total of 12 feet, which is ideally more than necessary, bearing in mind that you can also have someone hold it for you as you inflate the tire.
Goodyear i8000 Tire Air Compressor
The Goodyear i8000 is offering more than just inflating tires. It is powerful, strong and capable of inflating a huge variety of items in your house. It is also a direct drive inflator, meaning that it works faster and quieter than other types of car air compressors. But most importantly, it is small and portable, which makes it a machine you would be delighted to have at the back of your car every time you drive. Read below to see its main features and why it is probably the real deal for you.
- Fast and Powerful – Since it uses a direct drive system instead of a gear drive, the Goodyear air compressor will inflate standard to big tires at a faster rate than many other machines. It is actually capable of inflating a maximum pressure of 50PSI, meaning it could also pump air mattresses or small trucks’ tires. Again, its manufacturer claims that the machine could inflate standard tires in three minutes or less, thus making it one of the fastest tire inflators you can get.
- Easy to use – You only need to plug in the compressor to a 120volt outlet, and you could inflate your flat tire in just a short period of time. And the good thing, the machine features a whisper soft technology that makes it work extremely quiet.
- Versatile inflator – Whether you need to inflate air mattresses, to inflate sports equipment or to inflate a flat tire, the Goodyear will do it all. It actually features inflation adapters for the sake of protecting rafts and sporting equipment from the risk of getting over inflated or damaged while being inflated.
- Convenient hose and power cords – To ensure you reach the flat tires or other equipment properly, the compressor features a 17-feet PVC air hose with a quick connect valve and a 6-feet power cord.
JACO SmartPro Digital Tire Inflator
JACO Smartpro is one of the best rated tire inflators. To start with, the tire inflator has an ultra-compact design for best stability. It is light and efficient enough to inflate standard size tires in less than five minutes. In addition, the inflator is a versatile machine as you will see below, and could act as your ideal tool for emergency tire inflating or for inflating sports equipment.
- Smart Pressure Technology – The JACO smartpro features a smart technology that allows you to preset the unit to your ideal PSI level. And once that PSI level is reached, it automatically shuts off. This is a smart technology only found in a few compressors, and it is very helpful especially where you have to inflate different types of tires that ask for specific PSI levels.
- Precise Digital air Gauge – The Smartpro also features a built-in digital air gauge, which comes in handy at night, especially because it also has a bright LCD backlight display. On the other hand, the machine features built-in LED lighting to add convenience during bad weather conditions or at night. The LED lights actually display differently; from a standard flash to a flashing red or an emergency super bright beam.
- Long Power Cord and hose – The Smartpro air compressor features a unique 24-inch air hose that comes set with a twist-connect nozzle, two adaptors for sports balls, rafts or an airbed. On the other hand, this compressor’s power cord measures an impressive 10 inches, so that you can get easy access to whatever equipment you wish to inflate.
- It connects directly to a 12 volt DC outlet, ideally meaning it could operate on almost every type of car or truck.
- Light and Compact – Weighing 2 pounds only, the JACO machine is one of the lightest and most convenient air compressors you can find. It is also small and compact, measuring 7.5*2.5*6 inches.
P.I Auto Store Premium Digital Tire Inflator
The P.I. digital tire inflator is a portable air compressor for car tires that has been in the market for a number of years. Over the years, however, this air compressor has improved in both the design and in convenience features. The price tag remains affordable all the same. Read below to see main features and why it qualifies to be a top rated car inflator.
- Great Design – At 7 inches long and 6.5 inches high, the P.I. auto store model stands looking stylish and modern in every aspect. The overall finish silver finish makes it look appealing, while the smooth edges and great design of the control panel just make it look irresistible.
- Fast and Precise – Featuring a smart technology that lets you preset the PSI level, you can inflate any standard tires in about four minutes or less, and in almost the exact PSI level you wish. On average, it pumps with an accuracy range of +/- 1PSI, making it a great tool to use even where you need to achieve specific PSI pressure level.
- Powerful – The P.I auto car inflator has got the ability to reach a maximum PSI level of 150PSI, which is otherwise power enough to inflate even big truck tires, rafts, airbeds and any type of sports equipment. Again, the machine features a 12 feet power cord, which will enable your reach whichever tire that needs to be inflated with ease.
- Connects to a 12 DC power outlet – This air compressor works greatly with almost any type of car, truck or SUV, as it is powered by your average car 12 DC outlet. You can also connect this machine to any home’s 120volt outlet, but you will need a proper adapter to accompany it.
EP Auto AT-010-1Z
The EP auto tire inflator provides enough air when you need it most. It is also portable and one of the best tools for someone who loves a fast air compressor. In addition, the machine is light as you would ask from an emergency portable machine, plus it is quiet since it operates on a direct drive technology. See below for its main performance details, and probably be the judge of whether it is the type of air compressor you are after.
- Preset PSI Level – Like a few other top rated air compressors, the EP auto machine allow you to preset the unit to ideal PSI levels, and then automatically shuts off once the tire is properly inflated. In addition, the machine system does protect your equipment from overloading or overheating, as it will automatically shut off in such scenarios. It is thus a great tool both for emergency car inflating and for other small inflation jobs; because you will always be sure you are inflating at the right pressure levels with no risks at all.
- Easy to use – This air compressor has few parts and almost requires no skills to operate. Once you plug it into your car’s cigarette lighter socket and preset the ideal PSI level, it does the rest of the work.
- Versatile – Not only is this car tire inflator ideal for any type of car, truck or SUV, you could also use it to inflate sport’s equipment and air beds, especially if you have the right adaptors with you. And while at home, you could plug the unit into a normal 12volt outlet and inflate other equipment with ease.
- Powerful – For inflating car tires and sports equipment, the EP auto machine will work with no hitches. It could actually inflate a midsize car tire in less than five minutes, thus making it a great tool to always have at the back of your car.
JACO RoadPro Tire Inflator Pump
The JACO Roadpro is a great car tire pump that has one of the most power systems from an emergency car tire inflator. With its ability pump air at a rate of 35 liters per minute, it is certainly one of the fastest machines as well. However, this machine offers more than just speed, as it is also a versatile and very durable machine. Continue reading to see its main details.
- Fast and Reliable – The car inflator is certainly one of the best electric tire pumps, with its ability to pump in air at a rate of 35 liters per minute. It also features a twist connect nozzle to help you inflate different types of tires, especially the 100PSI or less standard tires.
- Durable Construction – The JACO model features an ultra-strong durable body meant to survive harsh weather conditions for long. On the lower end also, this air compressor is fitted with rubberized feet that ensure the machine operates without producing any movements or vibration.
- Features a built-in pressure gauge to help you pump different types if tires with the specific PSI levels they need. The gauge also glows at night for better convenience, plus it is calibrated to achieve accuracy ratings of +/- 2%.
- Conveniently long power cord and hose – Featuring an extra- long 25 inch hose, you could reach the tires you wish to inflate with lots of convenience. The hose is also rubberized for extra strength and has got adapters to enable inflating sports equipment, airbeds, and rafts. On the other hand, the machine features a 10 inch power cord that can work with any 12volt DC car cigarette outlet that delivers current at 8-9 amps.
- It features a bright LED safety light to help you inflate the tires conveniently during poor weather conditions or at night.
Tire Air Compressor Comparison Table
|Product name||Max pressure, PSI||Cord||Volts||Dimensions|
|Goodyear i8000||150||24'||120||10.4" x 7.9" x 7.4"|
|JACO SmartPro||100||10'||12||7.5" x 2.5" x 6"|
|Slime 40022||35||12'||12||2.8" x 6.5" x 6.5"|
|P.I. Auto Store||150||12'||12||7" x 3" x 6.5"|
|EPAuto AT-010-1Z||100||9'||12||9.7" x 8" x 5.6"|
|JACO RoadPro||100||10'||12||8" x 4" x 7"|
What is a Tire Inflator?
A tire inflator is a portable device intended to provide a quick solution to drivers who experience a flat tire. These devices often seal the punctured area before inflating the tire to a standard PSI level. After that, you can then drive your car at a low speed to seek professional services.
A typical tire inflator holds compressed air at PSI levels of between 30PSI and 150PSI. They are thus only effective at pumping air into standard car tires, or sometimes sports ball, airbeds, and rafts. On the other hand, tire inflators use energy stored in your car’s battery to inflate the tires, and as such, most of them are plugged into a normal car’s cigarette outlet. At times, however, you may also find a great inflator that can be connected directly to a car battery.
When it comes to weight and size, the best tire inflator will weigh 3 pounds or less and may not extend 8 inches in both length and height. These devices are also easy to sue and contain some features that make them convenient to use with any type of tires, place or time of the day. For instance, a good inflator will come with a long power cord and hose to enable your reach even the farthest rear tires on your truck. Some also come with a PSI preset technology that helps you achieve the specific PSI levels your type of car or bike tires needs.
Finally, a tire inflator will often cost lower than any other type of air compressor, because they are after all made for the simple purpose of inflating car tires. Some brands actually cost less than $50, but rarely will you find one that costs in the upwards of $150 unless it also serves other purposes.
Why you need a Portable Tire Air Compressor
Changing a tire is one of the most important car care activities you learn during your driving classes. But frankly speaking, not everyone finds the process of changing a flat tire simple. Still, there are times, such as during bad weather conditions, or when driving on roads you’ve never been to before that you can’t risk stopping to change the tire.
Instead, investing in a portable tire air compressor could greatly assist you to inflate a tire and drive towards a safer place or ask for a professional. Tire inflators are also fast and require little efforts to use. Besides the need to protect yourself from the risks that come with changing a tire alongside a busy highway, buying a portable air compressor could also serve other services. You could, for instance, inflate an airbed; inflate a soccer ball, a raft or any other sports equipment with ease.
Having your tires inflated at all times also save on gasoline, as a low pressure tire will often cause car dragging and make the truck more difficult to control as well. And while you can adjust the tires’ pressure at the gas stations, you never know when one of them could go flat, which is why it just necessary to buy one compressor for your car.
Best Tire Air Compressor Buying Guide
Tires are definitely some of the most important parts of your car, but having a flat tire is one of the most annoying experiences. Fortunately, you can find a great tire inflator that will always come in handy when the tires’ pressure levels go low or when you experience a flat tire. Read below to learn how to buy the best car air compressor, therefore, and forget all the hassles that come with a flat tire.
Easy to use
Most car air compressors can inflate a standard tire in less than five minutes, but not all of them are as easy to use. A good tool, therefore, should have simple mechanics that allow you to preset the unit to ideal pressure levels, connect the valve to your tire and inflate it in the quickest time possible. It shouldn’t have any other complications, but should only help you to inflate the tire and continue with your trip. Note also, that the machine’s pressure gauge should also be easy to set, so that you never risk over-inflating a bike’s tire or under inflate a truck’s tire.
When buying an air compressor, make sure that it can inflate your car’s or truck’s tire in the shortest time possible and to the ideal PSI levels. If your car’s tire asks for 100PSI for instance, ensure it can actually pump air at this PSI level and in the shortest amount of time. On average, a top rated machine inflates midsize tires in five minutes or less.
Convenience in a tire inflator comes in many ways. To start with, you will need an inflator whose power cord and hose are long enough to help you reach all tires when you need to inflate them. On average, the best compressors come with a 20-foot or more hose, and a slightly shorter power cord, probably 10 foot cord. On the other hand, settle for a machine which can be powered by any 12volt DC outlet, so that you don’t have to look for adapters when you change cars.
Light and Compact
Generally, car air compressors are small and portable, but you still need to define your own weight and size preferences. All in all, the most important factor to consider is that the machine isn’t too heavy or too big to occupy much space in your car. A standard car air compressor worth buying should weigh 3 pounds or less and small enough to fit in your trunk.
While there are many factors you should consider when finding the best tire air compressor, prioritize on power, convenience and the ease of use the most. The machines highlighted in our tire air compressor reviews above also hold their strength points in these three areas, which is probably also why there are ever on demand. But of more importance, buy a machine that looks strong and capable of offering your efficient services for long.